Department of Health and Exercise Science
Student Presentations at Professional and Organizational Venues
2007 - HES RESEARCH ROJECTS, 9 studies; 15 students
Presented at the Northland Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine spring meeting, St. Cloud State University, March 30, 2007.
- Amy Brown (June Kloubec) The effects of exposure to three levels of light intensity throughout a yoga routine. IRB # 2005610.
- Mary Dooher and Janna Castellano (Bruce Van Duser) Effect of plyometric training in and out of the water on vertical power. IRB # 2005609.
- Ashley Clemen (Bruce Van Duser) The comparison of resistance training with and without a warm-up set. IRB # 2005603.
- Amy Holmgren and Carlie Hanson (Bruce Van Duser) The effect of carbohydrate and protein intake on caloric expenditure. IRB # 2005612.
- Samantha Matthes and Brittany Aase (Aaron Banks) The relationship between physical activity of middle school and high school students and their attitude toward physical education. IRB # 200598.
- Chris Reinarts and Ashley Takekawa (Kyle Momsen) The prevalence of concussions in ice hockey players with and without the use of properly fitted mask and mouth guard. IRB #2005602.
- Breanne Staples and Abby Bernstein (Bruce Van Duser) The effect of resistance training on accuracy, distance, and club head speed in golf. IRB # 2005605.
- Ritva Taiplae and Dana Ryerson (Bruce Van Duser) The relationship among physical testing and race results among nordic skiers. IRB # 2005607.
- Sarah Willis (Bruce Van Duser) Effects of Gatorade versus water on performance times, rate of perceived exertion before and after interval training in Nordic skiers. IRB # 200666.