Exercise 1.11 - The Transmission Electron Microscope
Figure 1.11 Zeiss EM9-S transmission electron microscope
- Transmission electron microscope facility
- Visit an electron microscope facility.
- Familiarize yourself with the basic operations of
Fixation, embedding and sectioning of materials for viewing
in an electron microscope.
If permitted, identify the primary parts of the TEM,
including is various controls and operation. Refer to
for details of the Zeiss EM9-S microscope.
- Complete the following operations.
- Insert and Remove a Specimen from the chamber.
- Turn on the high voltage, check current levels and turn on
- Find and center the beam.
- Use magnification controls and condenser.
- Use binocular viewing screen
- Take an electron photomicrograph.
Return to Table of Contents
Cell Biology Laboratory Manual
Dr. William H. Heidcamp, Biology Department, Gustavus Adolphus College,
St. Peter, MN 56082 -- firstname.lastname@example.org