This text promotes student engagement with the beautiful ideas of geometry. A system of experimentation followed by explanation and proof is central. Exploratory projects help students develop an intuitive sense of how to prove results and visualize connections between statements, making these connections real. Intuition leads to conjectures needed for rigorous proof of theorems.
- Projects used to explore topics and gain understanding.
- Free geometry software to explore non-Euclidean geometries is available from the author at this download site.
- Coverage of Euclidean, Transformational, Hyperbolic, Elliptic, and Projective geometries.
- Instructor's guide with complete answers to exercises. (Available from CRC Press)
- Student Guide with answers to selected exercises.
- All major dynamic geometry software programs can be used for projects.