Suggestions for Studying for Quiz 3
The last quiz will cover the material on integration. A good way to study for this quiz is to try doing some of the review problems at the end of the chapter. You may use your calculator as long as it is a TI83/84 Plus or TI83/84 Plus Silver Edition, or has similar capabilities. You may not use a TI/89 on the exam. If you have a calculator other than a TI83/84 Plus or TI83/84 Plus Silver Edition, please talk with me.
You will be tested on these topics:
- Evaluating a definite integral by using the FTC
- Using definite integrals to find the area between two or more curves
- Using definite integrals to find the net change of a functions
- Using definite integrals to find the average value of a function
- Graphing an antiderivative
- Find an indefinite integral
- Using the properties of definite integrals
- Finding an antiderivative that satisfies an initial condition
- Factor polynomials
- Use exponent rules to simplify expressions
- Solve linear and quadratic equations
- Simplify complex fractions
- Understand functions
- Use your calculator to graph functions and to find values of functions
- Study frequently, in small doses.
- Do the homework every night.
- Go to class, pay attention, and ask questions.
- Read the text sections to be covered before and after class.
- Use office hours and tutors.