119, Calculus with Precalculus Review I
Suggestions for Studying
Studying for Final
The final will cover everything. In particular,
you should be able to:
You may have a single, 8.5x11 inch, page of notes.
- Find limits
- Know the definition of a derivative and be able to use it to find
- Find derivatives using the rules
- Find derivatives graphically
- Use derivatives in velocity/ acceleration problems with falling
fruits and vegetables
- Use derivatives to figure out information about graphs
- Solve related rates problems
- Solve max/min problems
- Solve exponential growth/decay problems
- Understand what a definitie integral is (as a limit of sums and
- Use the fundamental theorems of calculus
- Understand what an antiderivative is
- Find integrals using rules
Here are some links to sample tests. We will make them active
sometime before 5/16.
Advice from your peers
When asked what advice they would give a student about to take
MCS119, previous students most often responded with the following
- Study frequently, in small doses.
- Do the homework every night.
- Go to class, pay attention, and ask questions.
- Read the text sections to be covered before and after class.
- Use office hours and tutors.