MCS-177, Intro. to Computer Science I, Fall 2008
Homework Assignment 3
Due: Wednesday, September 23
- Do exercise 2.12 on page 40 of the text, writing a procedure that
generates recursive processes. Then show how the procedure
evaluates when given the number 24. Explain why it generates
- Now do exercise 3.2 on page 54 of your text. Be sure to
include the invariant. Show how your procedure evaluates when
given the number 24 and explain why it generates iterative processes.
- Do exercise 3.13 on page 70.
- Do exercise 3.17 on page 71. Be sure to include an invariant.
Also, be sure to explain why your code generates iterative processes.
- Do exercise 3.19 on page 72.
MCS 177 homepage