Homework Assignment 1
MCS-178: Introduction to Computer Science II
Max Hailperin, Fall 2001
Due: September 17th, at the beginning of class
Remember: You are encouraged to turn in individual
problems as soon as possible, rather than turning in the whole
assignment on the due date. Please mark each problem with the exercise
number from the book.
- Do exercise 10.2 on page 283.
- Do exercise 10.4(b) on page 284. The
else branch is
optional, but if it appears only the last branch can be an
else branch, which has one or more expressions after the
- Do exercise 10.9 on page 295
- Do exercise 10.10 on page 297. I recommend you draw two types of
diagrams: the kind shown in Figures 10.3 and 10.4 on page 296, and the
kind shown in
Figure 10.5 on page 298. If the diagrams are clear, no additional
text is needed.
- Do exercise 10.14 on page 302.