Homework Assignment 2
Nature of Computer
Due: Wednesday, September 13, at the beginning of class
- What symbols are used to enclose an HTML tag?
- Give an example of an HTML tag that is not paired.
- The <p> and </p> tag is used to indicate the
beginning and end of what HTML document part?
- An image tag (img) can have attributes associated with it that
define the size of the image
when viewed on a web page. Go to the HTML reference page HTMLPrimerAll.html
and research how to define the width
and height of an image.
Then, give the HTML code that would define an image called
"myImage.gif" to be 200 pixels high and 250 pixels wide.
- On this same reference page (HTMLPrimerAll.html),
research how to change the background color of a web page. Then, give
the HTML code that would define a page with background color of red,
text color of black, and hyperlinks color of green.
- As mentioned in the text, professional web designers use a
variety of technologies that extend the basic functionality of HTML.
One of these technologies is XML, or Extensible Markup Language. Go on
the web and do a little research to answer the following questions:
- What needs of web design does XML address that were not
possible with basic HTML?
- What is the difference between the construction of tags in XML
and in HTML?