REL-256: Israel and Palestine, J-term 2003
Sources for current events
- Collins, Larry and La Pierre, Dominique, O Jerusalem, New
York: Simon and Schuster, 1988. Required textbook.
- Karen Armstrong, One City: Three Faiths, New York:
Ballantine, 1997. Required textbook.
- Morris, Benny, Righteous Victims: A History of the Zionist-Arab
Conflict 1881-1999, Knopf, 2000.
- Charles Smith, Palestine and the Arab-Israeli Conflict,
Benford/St. Martin's, November 2000.
- Bickerton, Klausner, A Concise History of the Arab-Israeli
Conflict, Prentice Hall College Div, September 2001.
- Why the hate?
- What influence can the US and others have on the conflict?
- What's it like for people there?
- How can faith and religion generate such radical behavior?
- Why can't this be solved?
- Are Palestinians treated in Israel differently from Jews were treated
in Europe before emigrating?